Care & Health
Being away from home for the first time can be stressful. It’s important to stay healthy.
There are a number of options for Care, Health and Wellness.
On Campus Health and Wellness
- USFSP has a Wellness Center for enrolled students for physicals, sick visits, Covid-19 testing, immunizations, care for chronic illnesses such as diabetes or high blood pressure, sports physicals, prescriptions and more. It’s preferred to schedule an appointment for a visit. Visit the Wellness Center page for more details on scheduling an appointment. There are limited walk-in appointments for urgent care. The Wellness Center hours are currently M-W, F: 8a-5p & Thurs 9:30a-5p. They are closed for lunch 12-1p. Please check the USF website for most current hours.
- The Wellness Center at USFSP also offers limited Nutrition Counseling for a $10 fee. Visit the Wellness Center page for more details on scheduling an appointment.
- If you have a medical concern and the Wellness Center is closed, speak with the USF Nurse Advice Line by calling 727-873-4422 (option 1). If you have a medical emergency, call 911. If your medical concern can’t wait, visit an off-campus clinic or hospital.
- The Wellness Center also offers Psychological and Mental Health services including drop-in consultations and workshops for enrolled students. For more information, please visit the Psychological Services page.
- Want to keep fit while in college? The USFSP campus has a 9,000 sq ft fitness center in the Student Life Center. The Fitness Center is comprised of cardio, strength, and free weight zones, as well as a multipurpose studios. The Center also houses a state of the art functional training room. In addition, you can sign up for free group fitness classes. Personal training sessions are available to purchase as well. Visit the Fitness Center page for more details.
Off Campus Health and Wellness
Off campus facilities for emergency or after hours urgent medical care
|Local Emergency Rooms
|Walk In Clinics
Preparing for college includes planning classes, housing, and items to purchase for success. One thing that some parents don't think of is the legal documents needed if the student gets sick or has an accident. When a child turns 18, they are legally responsible for...
If you with students coming into the St. Petersburg, Florida area to live in a dorm, remember that there are a ton of stores local to the school. You don't need to have EVERYTHING to move in (although finding deals is good too!). For reference, there is a Target in...
Congratulations on your graduation! Be sure to request these documents for college admission as soon as possible! Your official high school transcript is due within two weeks of graduation! Be sure to request that your school submit final transcripts electronically to...